Monday, November 9, 2009

Creativity put to Guillotine

“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”


I am sure that almost all of us, except a very lucky few who love the job they are doing, must have experienced dead end, or a blank phase in our life/career...


Recently I encountered a blank phase, some thing like a writer's block or more like a black hole, it was sapping in my happiness. I felt as if I was a loser, pursuing a career which I did not like or appreciate !!!

This economic recession made me wonder if I had made a right choice of taking IT as my career... HA! Inspiration and revalation come from the same factor(money,$$$$$) which made me loose my dream choice of a job!! God has a crocked sense of humor and irony.


Creativity, Innovation, Imagination... were the key ingredients in my dream job. I religiously followed my search for my dream job, when I had completed my college years.

I landed up in jobs with high monetary benefits but no creative ascepts in them at all...Like many of my counterparts, I decided to take the "more-paying" job out of the anxiety of making some easy money, and settling down to do the job I liked.

Man Proposes... God Disposes...

I got entangled in this monotonous job, which sapped me of my energy, my originality and my imagination...


The prospect of losing the comfortable pay, stopped me from taking a few oppurtunities I got to pursue a career of my choice..Was earning a little more worth it?? I doubt it!!!

Have made a resolution to utilize the first chance I get to take up a job I like!!!

This time am planning to stick to my resolution...

"If I don't get smarter about the choice I make, I'm going to end up with this colourless, tame, unexicting job for the rest of my life"

Started looking out for the book - "Creativity for Dummies!"

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that :) i guess it is the bane of this generation, we have buit up such high expectations from ourselves and our idea of the perfect job that it is a rude reality check that we get when we start working. The other thought i have is that we tend to feel challenged continously, we get tired of any "Routine" easily unlike the previous generation who stayed put in the same job for 30 odd years without complaining - i guess it is just a matter of setting "Our Own Expectations" right - what do you think?

    ReplyDelete